Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spring has Sprung but I still loves me some owls!! Woot!!!

Soooo, I set out to make a few Spring-esque necklaces and ended up with two owls... I just can't get enough!   And since I had a pretty successful sale last weekend and have the best Mum ever (she bought a necklace through my Etsy -- thanks, Mum!) now I have to make more necklaces!!!  While watching American Idol last night I was marginally inspired to create so here's what I did so far:

Try and tell me you've seen a cooler owl... I dare you...

These are just leaves that are reminiscent of hearts... which I love love love... funny how this is another Autumn theme... falling leaves... what is with me?  I'm crazy for Spring and the warmer weather but I guess I'm just still feeling cozy...

Here's the other owl... he has crystal eyes and I've used his twin brother in a necklace on Etsy... I like the more simple design of this one.  


More freakin falling leaves.  Seriously.  I didn't even realize what I was doing until I started typing these captions!  Well, I'm going to plead crazysauce on this one.  Maybe the leaves are actually springing in a Southerly manor.  Yep, that's it.  
This last one I haven't finished the chain part that it will hang on... still trying to decide how simple or elaborate it should be but I like the tiny leaves and the little twigs hanging down the center.  Usually the necklaces practically design themselves so I'm just waiting for this one to get busy! 

1 comment:

  1. L O V E the colorful owl. He looks happy! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete