Thursday, March 11, 2010

All by myseeeeeelllllf.... I don't wanna be.... All by myseeeeelllllf....

So, last night I dropped off the love of my life at the airport, sending him away to meet his bro in Vegas.  I hate to see him go but the prospect of having the house to myself and all of my jewelry tools and sewing implements around me gets me excited for a crafting binge.  Last night I broke out the soldering tools and got busy with my new necklaces.  I really got at it with those needle-nose pliers...
Here's my state-of-the-art soldering station:
I finished up these two necklaces:
And this one, my favorite:
I call it "Mousqueton", french for carabiner.  :)  I sort of feel like it's exactly what I want to make... I do realize it's out-of-the-box and also, I may be the only person who would buy it but I'm totally digging it right now.  It's unique -- I've never seen anyone wearing a similar necklace, which is the idea I suppose.  

All of that soldering worked up an appetite for my staple meal I eat when I'm alone... baked brie.
It's a giant piece of warm brie topped with carmelized onions and mushrooms with a bit of white wine and fresh lemon juice reduction.  I ate the whole thing.  Cheese makes me soooooo happy.  It was divine but I felt like a 300-pound heifer when I was finished.  I'll have to go for a llllooooonnnnnggggg run today.  :)

Oh!  and I should admit I did have another boy stay over at the house last night... :)  I'm dogsitting for our little friend, Hobson.  Here's the three babies waiting to come inside, Hobson is in the middle:

So, all in all, my heart was aching from missing my mate but thankfully I found joy in cheese and dogs and rosin-core solder....  And one more piece of delicious happiness: 
My amazing Dad sent me his keyboard!  I was raised a pianist, went to college for piano and even taught for awhile... I'd say the keys are just part of my DNA.  I haven't had a piano since I moved from Seattle in 2006 so this is just like a beautiful homecoming.  I can't wait to get reacquainted with this long lost love.  Thanks Dad!!!!  Now I can supplement my income with teaching piano lessons and maybe even feel like I could be a Mom while teaching piano and making jewelry and I could finally ditch the day-job-in-a-cubicle dirge.   We'll see!  Maybe Nate will win BIG MONEY in Vegas and I could just play piano and make jewelry for fun and have all the brie I could eat.  :) 

4 comments:

  1. Hope you survived your first night alone! It sounds like you had all of your favorite things (minus 1 that is). What's on your agenda for tonight? Wish I was there with you - we would have an amazing crafting extravaganza!

    I love you, Mum :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 You are great!
    #2 We have to talk about your soldering station. I have been scared to do it at home.
    #3 Really great necklace! You are not the only one who digs it!!
    #4 I also REALLY LOVE cheese!
    #5 How did we not know all these things about each other before. When we saw each other all the time!!!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. that last part sounds like a good plan. either way, GREAT. I used to play piano too...and was pretty good, but we're talking 8th grade good. I quit back then and don't know how to play a lick now. maybe you can teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and I LOVE the carabiner necklace.

    ReplyDelete