Monday, March 8, 2010

Frida Kahlo, how do I love thee?

Ok, so I went out a-fabric-shoppin' for The Dress fabric for my brother's wedding.  BUT as I stepped into this adorable little shop, The Common Thread , there, on my left was THE ABSOLUTE COOLEST fabric I've seen in my life... are you ready??  Are you sure??? Ok, here it is:




My love for Frida Kahlo runs wide and deep... here's a photo of our family room (this hanging was a Christmas gift from Nate's parents):
Here's a photo of Nate and I for Halloween 2008 (I'm Frida, not sure exactly what Nate was, he started out as Shel Frankenstein...):
Here's my favorite sweatshirt (I designed it on zazzle ):
On top of this evidence I also have a Frida 2010 calendar, homemade Frida refrigerator magnets, several books about her and I own the movie.  I'm a total Frida freak.  As soon as I saw that fabric I lost all direction and totally forgot about The Dress fabric I was supposed to be shopping for.  I bought two yards and am torn between making two pillows or a cool Summer shirt for myself... we'll see.  :)

So, anyways, I DID find fabric for The Dress and it is absolutely ethereal.  Here it is!

I set a quarter on it for scale.  Isn't it lovely?!?  This picture doesn't do it justice but trust me, it's special and perfect for the Biggest Day of Jonathan and Missy's life.  :)  Can't wait!!  

5 comments:

  1. ohhhh myyyy goodness...Holly this is gorgeous!!!! those colors even go perfect with the kind of color palettte happening :)
    nice job.

    missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. and that frida fabric is ridiculously rad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! the dress fabric? love love love. i can not wait to see it all made up! right? i'm agreeing with missy right now... it's going to go so well with the beautiful palette of colors. and the frida fabric? how fun! you will have to put up a picture of whatever is made out of it for sure.

    emers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the floral fabric - so beautiful. I was a bit worried when I first saw the frida fabric. I mean, it's really amazing, but I couldn't picture that cute little dress made out of it!!! Pillows would be awesome, maybe even a shower curtain.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I L O V E Frida too. I covet just about every piece of jewelry that woman wore. Definately want her familial house in Mexico. And perhaps even her turbulent life, minus the physical pain! The fabric is wonderful!!! Your dress choice is an A+ as well.

    ReplyDelete