Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Eco Yarn! Go Mother Earth! :)

Ok, so Saturday I took the Eco Yarn class I'd mentioned a few weeks back... Nate had given me a gift cert for a class at one of my most favorite places on Earth, The Stitch Lab , and I chose one with Vickie Howell  who has written a cool book called "Awareknits ".   Look what I did!
The navy ball and yellow ball are both old t-shirts of mine... the white ball is plastic grocery bags and the front ball is newspaper!!  I'm going to make a crocheted rug with the t-shirt yarn ("t-sharn") -- I'm seeing primary colors... maybe to add some color to the guest room.  The plastic bag yarn ("plarn") I'll make a tote bag out of, here's an example:
and the newspaper yarn is for multi-media projects... Vickie had a super cool wooden picture frame with the knitted newspaper yarn decoratively glued on.  Here's what it looks like knitted up:
Here are a few pics of me in action:
Also, I'd mentioned another sale at the Artisan Market during the SXSW music fest but, alas, I did not go.  I'm leaving town this Friday and had WAY too much to do around the house.  So, I didn't get to sell anything but I did photograph all of my new necklaces and earrings and plan to get them up on Etsy today or tomorrow.  Speaking of Etsy, major thanks to my MIL, "Tia" Terry who bought a necklace today!!!  Woot!!!  Thank you oh so very very very much!  

No comments:

Post a Comment