Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What the?!?!


Ok, so I made popovers last night to eat with our frittata and WHOA NELLY I don't know what happened but lookie here!
I mean... what?!?!?  Look at it a little closer:
Ummmm....

Ok, now look at it with dinner:
It's weird and freaky but Nate ate it!

Here's my popover recipe, super easy, super yummy:

1 c all-purpose flour
1/2 t salt
2 eggs
1 c milk

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Liberally grease a 6-cup muffin or popover tin.

Mix flour and salt together in medium mixing bowl.  Combine eggs and milk; blend well but don't overbeat the eggs.  Add to flour mixture and stir with a whisk until blended.

Divide batter among prepared popover cups... fill only half-full (you may end up with a little extra batter).  Bake 15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 20 more minutes.  Do not open oven door during baking process.  Serve immediately.  

You can add in grated parmesan or fresh herbs to the batter before you bake it for some extra yummy.

Note:  I cannot promise you'll get an odd one like I did.  

Soooo, here are the pics of the barrettes I recently made that I referred to in my last entry:
peacock feather
yellow feather:
vintage applique -- made to wear in bro's wedding but will actually wear on the back of my head, hopefully holding all of my hair up in a messy chignon or something less fussy than that:
AND finally I got all of my new necklaces and earrings up on my Etsy store so that is good.  Now I'm just gonna get busy gilding the garlands for the wedding and packing and making more jewelry for my May 6 sale!  Plenty to do!  And don't forget to watch American Idol tonight because it's the "Idol Gives Back" episode where they help people out around the world, it's inspiring.  Woot!  Now go hug somebody, we all need MORE HUGS!  xoxo



3 comments:

  1. IT'S A BOY!!!!

    I cackled my face off at the picture of it WITH DINNER. Very nice journalism! LMAO!!

    That first feather clip you got there is fab. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are as adorable as ever!

    The hair clips, awesome!

    The popover even more awesome! Should of sold it on Ebay...didn't someone sell the image of Jesus in toast?! I might be crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, this was classic and the hair pieces are beautiful. Keep up the awesome work you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete