Friday, April 9, 2010

Mama said there'll be days like this... there'll be days like this my mama said...

Soooo, I guess it is true that it just plain and simply takes time to get through the heartbreak of losing someone... I've heard that every day is supposed to be a teeny tiny bit easier but we only have two weeks on this process.  I can't imagine what Nate's dad is dealing with, losing his best friend and soul mate of 40 years.  Nate and I have only been married 2.5 years and I'd just feel like dying if I lost him.  I guess this is where I resolve to make it a priority to live each day to the fullest and tell everyone how much they mean to me.  Don't you just hate that it takes something SO devastating to remind you of something you already know... something that just seems to fall by the wayside so easily.  
In other news, I'm running a 10k this weekend and haven't been training the past couple of weeks (what with the traveling back and forth to Colorado and my emotionally sensitive digestive system) so was worrying about it until I decided to take myself out of the focus and run the race for Terry.  I look forward to using each mile to appreciate something specific I've learned from her and taking the time to pray for the rest of us missing her.  So it is now a 10k Run for Terry Tuck!  Woot!  
In Hollyberry news... I made my lil sis a skirt for her bday which turned out pretty ding dang cute if you ask me... here it is:

I wish I had a picture of Em in the skirt because she just looks like a model in it... absolutely fierce.  :)  Speaking of Em, she turned 19 a couple weeks ago and I was blessed enough to spend some time with her, my parents, bro and my bro's 'almost-missus' at the cabin.  Here's the lovely haven in the woods:


Try to tell me you don't know someone who could use a good cozy day or two in a cabin like this!  That fire was HEAVENLY.  I just think some quality mountain time is good for the soul... even if you spend it all in front of a giant fireplace.  
Lastly, I've started making headbands out of chain, here are my first two attempts:
Cute?  I like them.  But I'm a big fan of chains on everything so I may be a bit biased.  I've got several new necklaces to put up on my Etsy storefront and lots of sewing to do so hopefully I'll be getting back into the swing of things soon!  As the Beatles sang: Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da life goes on, bra, la-la-la-la life goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment