Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I was runnin' and runnin'...




Well, I ran the 10k on Sunday and missed by goal for time by two minutes but was still pleased what with all that has been going on in my life the past few weeks.   Here's the back of my race tshirt that I customized:
I made sure to focus not on myself but thought about Terry and all of us here that miss her.  After the first mile, I realized that it was hard to see with tears in my eyes and the roads were slippery so I changed my thoughts to blessings that Terry had brought into our lives and turned the sad into the happy... it helped.  At the end of the race I was looking for Nate (who unfortunately had a flat tire on his bike on the way down to watch me cross the finish line!) and there was a Beatles cover band playing so I figured Terry had probably been enjoying the music, as she adored The Beatles big time.  

So, I'm working on my dress for my bro's wedding - two weeks from Friday!!! WOOOOOOT!!!! And I've nearly completed the top part of the dress which was tricky -- it even has boning!  If you've forgotten what it looks like, here it is:

I'm working on the middle view, with the straps and the simple skirt.  I've put about five hours of sewing into it and probably will need about five more hours to finish but it will be totally worth it.  I'll post pics as soon as I'm all done.  As far as my necklaces for Etsy and stuff I'll hopefully be setting up a booth at Austin's First Thursday  on May 6 which will hopefully be a good event because a TON of people come out, the boutiques stay open late and people mill about looking at all of the tables of fun stuff.  When I was in Colorado I bought some neat necklace components so I'll be getting busy soon with my pliers and soldering iron to make some new stuff... pics to come! 
Happy Spring! 
  

1 comment: