Monday, May 24, 2010

Have you read my little bio on the upper left of this webl?

If so, you may have noticed that little part about me liking to adopt animals?  and you may have noticed that in my last post I put pics of our two furry dog babies... and maybe I've mentioned that we also have two furry cat babies WELL WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT I HAD TO ADOPT ONE MORE LITTLE TINY FURRY BABY!  Sooooo, thanks to my dear friend Erin who emailed me this picture:
which was on the Humane Society website with the caption "Tiny Pie" and the info that he was three years old and weighed five pounds... WHAT ON EARTH WOULD ANY SELF-RESPECTING HUMAN DO WITH THIS INFORMATION, ERIN!?!?!?!?  So, now we have a little baby who we call Bogey and probably actually weighs closer to four pounds.  He had originally been at Town Lake Shelter and he was on the euthanize list (I mean, REALLY?) and the Humane Society took him and was trying to find him a home.  Well, find a home he did!  And now he has four brothers and sisters who are quite jealous of his good looks though are quite friendly to him... he, on the other hand likes to try out his growl (freakin a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e) on any other pet that tries to steal some of my affection.  

I should mention that I didn't just go willy-nilly adopting these animals without consideration to the cost of keeping them and the tiny living areas we share... and I should definitely mention that Nate was really a most excellent husband regarding this matter.  The poor man married into a family which already had one Princess dog (from a shelter), one Punkin cat (from a dumpster) and one Bebe cat (from a shelter)... then one day Nate and I found a "mini Princess" whom we call Hancho (from a shelter) and HAD to have him because Princess was probably really lonely without a baby dogbrother.  This logic makes perfect sense to a gal like myself.  


Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure -- there are no cats in these pics because they are still a wee bit wary of the new addition to the family:

See how unhappy Nate looks with all those babies?  :)
Bogey in the yard:
Bogey's boney lil' ribs that need some fattenin':
Bogey just chillin':
Bogey and his Pop:

For reals this time, the next baby we get will be a REAL BABY.  :)

2 comments:

  1. First of all, CUTE SHOES!

    Second, I love how you put your foot in there for scale.

    You are so very kind to these little babies! Meow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FURRY BABIES ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love that little guy! And you are totally allowed to have all those babies without much thought...they are little! It is when you keep adding Labs that there becomes a problem! I'd have 10 or so if it were possible. But it is not, so I just have to deal.

    And I agree with Aurora Sisneros, CUTE SHOES!

    ReplyDelete