Friday, May 14, 2010

Fireflies Are Back!!!!!

It is my most favorite time of year!  The mercury has reached my favorite digits (90s) and the fireflies are back in our backyard!  Sadly they are nearly impossible to photograph (for me) and the pics I found online were too "bug-y" and not magical enough... they should look like little tiny Tinkerbells!   I ADORE them. They remind me it's time to barbecue and sit on the back porch and plant fun stuff like potato vines and crotons and ginger, oh my!  It's time to put on a sassy pair of sandals and have a beer and toss something delicious on the grill!  IT'S TIME TO CRANK UP THE REGGAE AND START SUMMER!!!!!  WOOOOOT!!!!!!  

Ok, before I get my swimsuit in a twist I still have some pictures to share from my trip home where it was very much still Winter-like!  This is what happens when you live 9500 feet above sea-level!  First of all, on the way to my family's house you pass Twin Owls... how freakin awesome is that?!?!?!  It's like MADE for me... by God.  Thanks God!  :)  See:
and also this beauty, my favorite mountain ever... Longs Peak:
and here is my personal driver for the trip:
she took me to meet some of her friends, they were sort of shy:
and then she took me to the pet store and I found this guy... who happens to still have part of my soul still there with him... I shall never forget this little tiny baby:
and right below the window a sign held the wisest words ever written:



Ok, and THEN, the real juicy part was the wedding!!!  Jonathan and Missy had a most beautiful wedding... I really can't say enough about how lovely and elegant and chic and heartfelt and REAL it was.   I mean, look at this venue!  There were tons of windows and each view was a stunning take of the beautiful Rocky Mountains!
and the couple... aahhh... my heart swells...

Would you believe she walked down the aisle to Cat Power singing Velvet Underground's "I Found A Reason"?  Cat Power has been in my Top 5 Vocalists since like 1999.  Seriously. It was really really perfect and soooo special.   You should totally play that song on www.lala.com right this minute.

And look!  My very own husband was part of the wedding party!
 And also, the band SHEL played at the wedding!  What's that? You don't know who they are??? Ok, you should definitely check them out!  They're playing at Lilith Fair in Austin this Summer and you can catch them at Everyday Joe's in Fort Collins most Sunday mornings.  They.  Are.  Awesome.  ..and quite stunning to look at as well.  Singer/pianist Hannah is in above photo with Nate and here's Eva and Sarah below:  (sorry, Liza, you were sneaky and didn't make it into my few pics!) 
Ok, that is all for now.  Enjoy the weekend!!!  Woooooooooot!  

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sissy, I soooooo enjoy reading your blogs - you MUST write a book or something -you have the GIFT!!!! Why don't you start writing a children's book? I will buy a gazillion copies. love you, mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! Dude, we tried to have a BBQ on Sunday night since the DAY was so awesome, but then it got cold as the sun went down. We bundled up and PRETENDED it was summer and BBQ time, but we ended up having to eat inside. I AM SO READY!! Great pictures of your trip, too! I am going to Lilith here in Denver! EXCITED!!!

    ReplyDelete