Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesdays with Mo-baby

Well, I finished Mo's first pair o' booties with the new pattern from a really cute book, Simple Knits for Cherished Babies, a gift from Grace's Mom.  The yarn I used is the color "Teddy", a soft pale brown... I couldn't resist it:


These booties are SO DING DANG TINY!!!  This is the smallest size and the pattern gives directions for two larger sizes so I plan to make more booties in the bigger sizes too, can't have too many booties around!  :)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

So I went out on a limb and went to a glass etching class/party that our pastor's wife was hosting.  There were about 25 women there, of whom I knew two, and I learned to etch the chemical way.  It was pretty cool!  It's easy and there's a lot of room for creativity and it could be a really great idea for gifts.  I kept it simple and made votive holders.  For these first three I cut long strips of contact paper and made the swirly design then painted the etching chemical over the entire votive holder, I think they turned out kinda cute:
For these two votive holders I used a "T" stencil and just etched the top half of the glass so there would be the contrast between smooth and etched (frosty parts):
These are sort of hard to see but I didn't have anything to put in the bottom of them to lift up the votive yet.  Today at Hobby Lobby i picked up some cool orange beads that I'll put under the candles then the "T" will be better illuminated - but you get the idea.   I saw the etching chemical at Hobby Lobby for $8.50 and it would last quite a while for small projects, I recommend trying it! 

<><><><><><>

Lastly, today Nate received an email from one of his Mom's old bosses from when she did some modeling and the sweet guy attached this picture of her modeling a "business woman".  I've decided she had a tawdry romance novel hidden behind that Wall Street Journal and was trying to keep a straight face:
For some reason this picture of Terry reminded me that essentially we are all here on this Earth to love each other... so let's get to LOVIN'!  xoxo  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment