Friday, January 14, 2011

100-ish Days Until Mo Can Wear Pants!!!

I'm totally fascinated by babypants right now.  They are SO FREAKIN' TINY yet still perfect versions of adult clothing.  Recently two friends have given Mo new pants and I cannot stop looking at them and imagining Mo's little fanny in the fabric!  These little monkey pants are from my friend Lara in Seattle:
and these wee babypants are from Grace:
There's a LION on the BUM!  Grace says I can get away with babypants with animals on the butt until Mo can look at his own butt and say "hey, why is there a lion on my butt?" This is a good rule to go by methinks. 

Since 2011 so far seems to be the Year of the Bootie for me (I've made two pairs of booties for girls at work and one pair of booties for cousin Heidi's new girl and one pair of booties for a friend in Denver and now am knitting Mo his first pair o' booties)... here's a pic of my new boy booties using supersoft leather laces for ties, a wee bit more masculine than ribbon I've decided:


My next project is to make blankets, burp cloths and bibs.  Here's the flannel for the blankets:
I've decided Mo would like a "theme' of Jungle/Noah's Ark... I'm really partial to animals of the jungle and woodlands but don't want to leave any animals out so I think Noah's Ark should just about cover the animal genre.  And since it feels like there's a monkey in my tummy right now I think the monkey fabric is especially apropos.  And I'm loving yellows that are warm and bright so I plan to back the blanky in yellow and make some burp cloths out of the remaining fabric.  I hear you can't have too many burp cloths.  :) 

Lastly, here's a pic of our two smallest babies sunning in our backyard... in January... 
People say these furry babies will actually have to be treated like DOGS once Mo arrives.  Pfft.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! They won't. I had this conversation with a mom of two the other day, and she says she treats her dogs better than her own kids. Tee hee! Pics of the projects when done!!!! LOVE the booties, girl!

    ReplyDelete