Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dudes

Hello!  I'm on a blog drought... but not a crafty drought!  I've been busy!  Here's a better pic of the tshirt blanket (and a Princess):
  And here's a pic of my tshirt yarn ball I made (mason jar size y'all!):
And the rug I'm making with the tshirt yarn... maybe for a kid's bedroom :)
And here's my table at First Thursday last week:
I didn't sell any of my necklaces but I did sell three of my father-in-law's coins!  You can sort of see them hanging from the metal tree on the table.  People were really interested in them and I got a lot of positive comments so that was AWESOME!  Thanks to Tom (my FIL) and his generosity the little ones at the Grace Orphanage will have $29 dollars donated to help them with whatever they need!  Tom is collecting the coins and is only keeping cost, everything above that goes directly to the kids!  Yes!  I love to witness generosity towards others! 

And lastly, I took a cool class at Stitch Lab called "Fashion Fix-ups" where I learned to alter garments and combine two or more unwanted garments to make something totally wanted!  Pics to come!  

On a baby note: our hybrid is now the size of a blueberry and has an appendix, kidneys, liver and pancreas!  Her (hee) little hands and feet are already forming and her brain and heart are forming rapidly. What a miracle!  Embryo Shmemryo!  It's a freakin person practically!  and only five weeks old!  I'm pretty sure already she's a genius.......

1 comment:

  1. Yo! Been in hiding since my kitty got sick, and catching up on blogs! 1.) LOVE your table!! 2.) Stitch Lab is right up my alley. Holy love. 3.) CONGRATULATIONS!!! You need Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones, and the new one by Anna Maria Horner, too. Made the diaper bag from the Amy Butler book (sized it down a bit) and she is the most stylin' mom in Denver. NICE WORK BY NATE! ;) 4.) Great idea with the Tshirts! Love that!

    ReplyDelete