Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Brown Chicken Brown Cow, husband is back in town!!!

Nate is home! After two weeks of no hubby and single-parenting our five fuzzies I am READY to share some QT with my honey.  Yessiree!   He got home yesterday and tomorrow we're flying North to Colorado to visit family and climb Longs Peak !  WHOOSH!  
My most favorite mountain ever!!  God wasn't messin' when he built this beauty. 
I finished up these lil' booties for my friend Christi who just had her second baby.... can't wait to meet the little man!  
The pattern makes little holes to thread ribbon through but I don't have the ribbon yet so I used some of the Tshirt Eco-Yarn I made earlier this year:
Cute, eh?

Also, while Nate was gone I made a totally killer dinner which I highly recommend.  It's straight-up comfort food and a totally simple, especially for a recipe from Bon Appetit!  

Oven Roasted Tomatoes and Fennel with White Beans
Serves 6

2 large fennel bulbs with fronds attached
3/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
2 t coarse kosher salt, divided
2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes
4 large fresh oregano sprigs
3 large garlic cloves (I used 10)
1/4 t dried crushed red pepper
1 t freshly ground black pepper
2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans (drained)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.  Chop enough fennel fronds to measure 1/2 cup.  Trim fennel bulbs and cut in half vertically.  Cut each bulb into 1/2-inch-wide wedges, leaving some core attached to each wedge.  Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until very hot, about 3 minutes.  Add fennel wedges in single layer; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon coarse salt.  Cook until fennel begins to brown and soften, turning occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes.  Add tomatoes, oregano, garlic and crushed pepper, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon coarse salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.  Fold together gently.  Transfer skillet to oven. Bake fennel and tomatoes until soft, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.  Mix in beans and 6 tablespoons fennel fronds.  Bake 5 minutes longer to heat through.  Transfer mixture to large shallow bowl.  Sprinkle with remaining chopped fronds.  Serve warm or at room temperature.  
See, it even looked pretty before I roasted it!
And after the roasting!  Heck yes!
All you need is a baguette, a glass of Viogner and a wedge of Parmesan et voila!  
Ok, that is all for now.  Since tomorrow is my "Friday", I'm sending happy weekend wishes to everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment