Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Today is Ringo Starr's birthday...

and MY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOO!!!!  Woot!   Soooo, my very sweet husband took me out to breakfast before work, what a lovely way to start a day!  I've been getting up every day around seven and going for a run before work and I tell you what, going out to eat with the one who's your favorite and your best is BY FAR better than a six-mile run in the 90 degree heat.  By.  Faaaaarrrrrrr.  

Also, in more 'I Am Soooo Blessed' news, my Dad had a dozen beautiful and scrumptious cupcakes delivered to my office!  How sweet, hee hee, SWEET, is that?!?!?  They are confetti flavor (which does not taste like small bits of paper, it tastes heavenly) with buttercream frosting!  BUTTERCREAM!!!  Thanks Daddo!!!!


Ok, let's talk birthday fashion!  So I made myself a birthday headband which should definitely be worn on birthdays but not limited to wearing only on birthdays, see how cute?!   Fun with hot glue and vintage appliques!  

Also, I am wearing a really cool pin that my Mom's Dad gave to his bride-to-be 77 years ago:
Lucky for me, her name was Helen and so naturally I was the lucky recipient of this treasure, having an "H" name myself.  My Grandma Helen ("Granny") was so dear to me and died while I was in high school but I think of her often and hope I inherited some of her smarts and fashion-sense.  I also thank her dearly for my Mom  :).  Here's the note Granny wrote for me when she gave me the necklace ("Baba" is the name I called my Grandpa Neal): 
It inspires me to keep special stuff around and in good condition because some day my own children or grandchildren might totally love something like this!  At this point, only having furry children, I haven't paid too much mind to this concept of keeping things to pass down but I'm going to start. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

In Etsy news, a BIG GIANT thank you to my friend Megan who purchased TWO NECKLACES yesterday!  Woot!  Megan has a lovely family and a fun blog with great pics of her amazing daughters: http://peeples.wordpress.com/  ... Also, if you live in Austin and need a realtor, you need Megan www.MeganSellsAustin.com.  She helped us find and buy our house!  Thanks Megan!!

Lastly, I'll leave you with a few words of wisdom Nate spotted on a homeless man's cardboard sign: TOO BLESSED TO BE DEPRESSED.  Love it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment