Friday, February 19, 2010

Doe, a deer... Sew, a needle pulling thread...


It is with great joy that I am attending a wedding this April, my only brother and his absolutely LOVELY BRILLIANT TALENTED fiance are tying the knot and I am over the moon about it.  This sort of occasion calls for a special dress... for me of course!  I'm going to make something cute with this pattern:

I'm liking the middle dress... in cotton with a tiny print perhaps? I don't want it to look TOO fancy, like I think I'm IN the wedding or something but I want it to be special.  

 Look at this fabric!!!! Would it be too crazy to wear a dress with tiny deer on it?  No?  Ok, good.  Because I adore this fabric.  Adore.


Also, am planning my anniversary dress already (even thought it's not until August) because I found The Coolest fabric ever at my new favorite place on Earth, The Stitch Lab .  Here's the fabric:
And here's the pattern I'm considering:


I'm liking the red dress with the white trim but I'd use black and would nix the bow/belt around the waist... maybe a wide black patent leather belt instead?  Yes, please.

So, tell me what you think!  Good ideas, yes?  

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the dresses. I'm a bit jealous that you have time to sew these beauties! I put a link to your blog on mine. www.peeples.wordpress.com. it was GREAT to see you this weekend. let's get together soon. I mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear holly.

    first of all you are way too nice...saying such nice things about Jonathan's fiance in this quite public blog. I mean I don't want people getting the wrong idea and just having alll of these high expectations :p

    secondly. I have a request. YES. another.
    would you please wear a dress that has a tiny deer print on it to my wedding? because that would just about make it. Because I ALSO adore that print! holy cow. freakin badorable.

    okay. I think that's all. At least for now :)

    love you,

    missy

    ReplyDelete