Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Snap! Where'd the Christmas go?

I think I blinked and Christmas 2010 is now a date in the past!  It was a low-key celebration and different than some before but I definitely felt the love from my peeps.   It's easy to question why things happen and wonder what the heck God was thinking when you look back on the year coming to an end... but I definitely saw evidence of God's perfect timing when navigating this Christmas missing my mother-in-law and being pregnant at the same time.  It was a beautiful little example of the circle of life and that hope is renewing.  The four principles of advent are love, hope, joy and peace and I plan to make those a priority in 2011.  Thank heavens for my faith in the good Lord above, my husband, and my emotionally supportive family -- I can't imagine my life without them.  Here's a pic of the husband modeling his new comfy pants from my Mum -- she has a lovely tradition of buying us new jammy pants, washing them, and sending them so we have new cozies to sleep in on Christmas Eve:
Here's a pic of me and Mo (23 weeks along!):
Here's a pic of Mo, you can almost see what his wee face looks like!:
This is the insanely cool Basquiat self-portrait Nate had framed for me for Christmas:
This is the sweet owl pendant from my family I strung along with an old key:
And the seriously amazing angel wing ring from my friend Erin:
And lastly, my knitted cowl with cable that I just finished:
Yep, I wear my shades inside ALL the time.  

1 comment:

  1. Sissy, you're cowl looks awesome - I bet you are wearing it 24/7!!! I know I would! What are you going to knit next? Maybe a beautiful cabled sweater for Nate in CSU colors? If you don't, I will :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete