Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Baby, baby, BABY OH!!!

Well well well, it's been a lllllloooooonnnnnngggggg time since I've been on this blog because I've been busy being MADLY IN LOVE WITH OUR WEE BABY BOY!! 
Morrison Christopher Hugo Tuck
He was born April 18, 2011 weighing 6 pounds and 7 ounces and measuring 19.5 inches.  We had an exciting delivery as he came earlier than our scheduled c-section -- lucky for me I got to experience several hours of labor and my water breaking, it was the full deal! 

As you can imagine I haven't been especially crafty lately but others HAVE been crafty in honor of Baby Mo.  This quilt my sister ("Auntie Em") made for him:

This handmade lovely features bold, vintage-inspired and tribal prints, animals (including owls, elephants and the cuddly sock monkey!) and is bordered by sky-blue satin.  I'm actually jealous of my son.  :)

And this quilt was made for Mo by my friend Lara ("Auntie Lala") in Seattle:

I am adoring the color scheme and the Asian-inspired prints!  I'm wondering if Mo actually needs two quilts... maybe he'll share with me...  :)

Mo is now seven weeks old and I'm nearing the end of my maternity leave -- except that we got REAL CRAZY and moved to Colorado during my leave and I had to give my notice to quit my job at the  newspaper where I worked since 2006.  Now I'm  in the process of figuring out what the heck to do next to earn our little family some supplemental income.  Nate is blessed to have been hired at the City of Westminster and has a job he likes and now it's my turn!  I'm loath to leave our baby at a daycare when it's so expensive (financially and emotionally) so am currently seeking work-from-home options... let me know if you have any ideas! 

Here are some pics of my little sunshine:









1 comment: